Sunday, April 10, 2011

I wish I could print mental pictures...



If I could, then there would be pictures to go with this post....

So you'll just have to use your imagination.

Today I was looking for something for James to wear to church
He's in between size 18 months and 2T as far as pants go
So I was down to one pair of black church pants that actually fit him
Most of his shirts are getting too short so I went to the back of the closet
and found a hand-me-down outfit from my friend Shannon
She gave it to me when I was still pregnant with James and at the time I thought
"It will be YEARS before my kid will fit into this"
Well...he'll probably get a month or two out of it, it fit perfectly.
He looked like such a little stud muffin in the outfit, if I weren't in such a hurry I would have
taken a picture.
So off we went to church, and as soon as we walked in the doors James ran straight for the nursery door. He loves that place. In between classes I went in to check on him, and he was playing as content as could be. The nursery leaders told me
"You have the best kid ever, he's been so good!"
I laughed "Really? Are you sure?"
"Oh ya, he's just been playing and running around in circles"
I still laugh at the idea of my little James being "the best kid ever!"
He's a sweet heart that's for sure, but he can be quite the terror.
He's a screamer and a biter, and makes a lot of messes.
Lucky for me he leaves the screaming and biting at home.
The messes he takes as you'll witness if you ever see our ward nursery. Every toy is out and spread across the room...all thanks to James.
Later we went to Katie (Matt's younger sister) 's ward to see her sing in sacrament meeting. At one point during the opening talks she got up to use the bathroom and James began to cry thinking she left. He cried again when she got up to sing, but calmed down as soon as he realized she wasn't leaving. He gets that way whenever family leaves, he just loves everyone so much. When Matt's parents were trying to leave today James got in their car to go with them, said goodbye to Matt and I as if it were no big deal, and waited for Grandpa to start the car. lol

I'll have to do a better job entertaining him for the next two weeks until we go up to see family.

No comments: