Monday, August 16, 2010

Kiera's Baby Shower

Disclaimer: Ignore the dates on my pictures, James likes to mess it up.

A few weeks ago my friend Karen and I threw a surprise baby shower for our friend and co-worker Kiera who's due with twins, a boy and a girl, any day now!
She didn't have a clue!
We invited all the ladies from the salon to join us, and it was lots of fun. None of us are very frilly froo froo kind of gals so we kept it very low key and relaxed.
Our menu consisted of Sliders, Prosciutto Asparagus Spirals
 and Fruit Salad.

For Dessert I made some yummy Black and White Run Cupcakes, with a

Butter Rum Frosting
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 4oz cream cheese softened
  • 2 TBSP Rum OR 2 TSP Rum Extract + 4 TSP milk
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
to make the footprints I just added enough cocoa powder to my taste preference and piped the little feet, yes it was tedious , but mmm they were good!

We kept it simple with only one game, which was a hit! Thanks Mindee!

All in all we had a great time! Can't wait to meet those little ones Kiera!


No comments: