Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Yuuuuum

This week I've tried two new recipes and OOOOOOOOmigosh, YUM! So lucky you, I'm sharing them with you because I'm nice like that.

First.....
I'm pretty sure this is the most delicious Asian-ish orange chicken I've ever made, and so easy! I just cooked up some rice and stir fry veggies as sides. Next time I'll add some red pepper flakes and a tad bit of corn starch and I'll have the same flavor as Panda Express' Orange Chicken which I luuuuuuve.

So here it is, straight from one of my favorites, Delish.com




3/4 cup(s) fresh orange juice

1/3 cup(s) orange blossom or clover honey

1 teaspoon(s) grated ginger

1 teaspoon(s) garlic

1 teaspoon(s) orange zest

1 teaspoon(s) salt

1/8 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper

4 (6 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed

1 teaspoon(s) vegetable oil

1 teaspoon(s) toasted sesame oil

1 teaspoon(s) toasted sesame seeds
Directions



1.Combine juice, honey, ginger, garlic, zest, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Add chicken; stir to coat. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes.

2.Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot; add vegetable oil and swirl to coat. Lift chicken from marinade and let excess drip back into bowl. When oil is hot, add chicken and cook over medium heat 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.

3.Add reserved marinade to skillet and boil over medium-high heat, turning chicken once or twice, 3 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is reduced by half. Transfer chicken to a cutting board, cut into diagonal slices, and arrange on a platter. Stir sesame oil into thickened sauce and spoon it over chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
 
Enjoy! Tomorrow I'll share Fish Tacos with Chipotle Cream! YUM!

No comments: