Saturday, January 15, 2011

Since 90% of you already know...


I think it's time to make it official.

Next August, a new member of the Morrissey Family will be joining us.





As of Friday I am 11 weeks along, and so far things are looking pretty good. We didn't plan to tell ANYONE for at least another week...ha ya that didn't work out so well. The day after my first doctor appointment we went up to Idaho Falls for Christmas and I had to go to the emergency room because of spotting. Usually this wouldn't be a big concern, but in June I had a miscarriage, so to be safe we wanted to check things out. Everything was fine, but I was under doctors orders to basically sit on my bum for the next 2-3 weeks. Since then I've had another doctor appointment and things are looking great.

Aside from being waaaay sicker than I ever was with James and spending at least 2 days a week in bed for the last 5 weeks, I'm doing well. Matt on the other hand has been pulling double duty to pick up my slack and although he doesn't complain, I know he's exhausted. So both of us are hoping all this morning sickness leaves as I enter the second trimester. James isn't quite sure what's going on, but he does say "baby" when he sees the ultrasound.

I'm excited for James to have a playmate, but am cherishing these last few months we have just the two of us when daddy is at school or work. The other day as I was experiencing some wonderful morning sickness, James came up and asked "you ok?" , then later I heard him gagging in the bathroom. He was leaning over the toilet pretending to throw up! This child never ceases to make me laugh.

I have another appointment early February, but we wont find out the sex until March. We're hoping for another boy but who knows :)

4 comments:

Wes and Dani said...

Did I spur an early announcement with my guessing? :) Well, we are excited for you guys and hope everything continues to go well.

Marissa And Jesse said...

well gosh I knew you were trying but I didn't know you were that far along. Congrats! I am happy for you! Hope you feel better soon!

Poulsen Family said...

I never officially congratulated you. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I don't miss that part of pregnancy.

Faith Garff said...

yeah! congrats thats exciting!