Friday, January 28, 2011

Breathing Easy

Today I went in for a check-up, one that I've been holding my breath for. I'm relieved to report that all is well, and even though Thing 2 was playing Hide-and-Seek with the nurses, it's got a healthy heart beat. I probably shouldn't have been worried, but I've been so freaked out about losing this one as well...but really I had nothing to worry about. I've had no spotting, and even at almost 15 weeks I'm still puking my guts out in the morning. Either way, sigh of relief, baby is healthy, and I'm in smaller pants than when I found out I was prego.
We'll find out whether Thing 2 is a He or She March 16th, so place your bets lol.
Anywho, aside from morning sickness, not being able to sleep, and all other lovely pregnancy side effects, we've been good.
Matt is busy with school and we're attempting to make post-graduation plans. I'm trying to keep up with my 22 month old wild child and everything else around here. James is really into books and loves to have a story read to him. His vocabulary is increasing, which makes knowing what he wants easier to understand. Lately he's obsessed with my stomach, and likes to lift up my shirt and put his ear up to it. I'm not sure why he does it, maybe he knows more than we give him credit for. Either way, its especially cute when he gives my stomach a little kiss.

Since I'll be recovering from birthing Thing 2 on our 5th anniversary, we decided to celebrate on our 5th 1st date anniversary this past weekend. We dropped the kiddo off at my parents and were able to get in some much needed alone time and rest. It was nice to eat dinner without a child trying to climb on the table, and watch TV other than Backyardigans.
Hopefully it wont be another 2 years before we can get away again, and maybe go away to somewhere warm and sunny. ;)

Sorry there are no pictures, I'll have a picture post soon.



No comments: