Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday naps are the best

Usually our Sundays consist of Matt and I trading James on and off between classes so at least one of us can get something from church. Every other Sunday I play piano for Relief Society and leave James with Matt, then join the two of them in Sunday school. This week when I got to Sunday school I saw Matt, but not my little guy...So I ask Matt, "Where's the boy?" and he tells me "He's in Nursery"

GASP you mean we get to go to two whole uninterrupted meetings?!

 It seemed too good to be true.

So before class started we went to check on James, you know, make sure he isn't being a beasty. When we walked in he was busy driving a school bus around like it was Toad's Wild Ride and could care less if we were even there. We then returned to class and were able to sit and listen, holding hands not having to worry about all the lesson manuals being pulled from the cupboards or James stealing other children's toys. I won't lie, its a weird feeling.

That feeling left as soon as we picked up James and went into the chapel for sacrament meeting, we lasted through the sacrament and then I took James out before his tantrum got any worse. He yelled out in the foyer because I have decided not to let him down so he doesn't think he can just scream to get his way out of the chapel.  The yelling was no problem, but when he saw our neighbors leave to take their Little guy home, James just lost it and the screaming began. Matt heard the screaming, grabbed our things and dropped us off at home so he could be back for a meeting. Of course as soon as we got in the car James was fine, but what do you do?

Well I know what I do, I get James and myself some lunch, and then we go take a 3 hour nap :)

So although we may not hear another sacrament talk for a while, at least we're able to have the first 2 hours. Thank you nursery!

Anyway its time to start dinner, so enjoy this clip of Grover, its hilarious!

No comments: