Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Californiaaaaaaaa Here we Cooooooooooome

Californiaaaaaaaa Californiaaaaaa
 (that's the Phantom Planet song in case you didn't know)

So after I threw a marvelous baby shower, i literally got in my mom's car and drove through the night to get to California!

Our first few days were hectic, helping set up for my childhood friend Paige's wedding reception, driving out to my grandparents, Paige's wedding in Newport Beach, (Congrats Paige and Joe) driving to Lake Matthews for the reception, and then finally dragging my mom away from attempting to help clean up and getting back to Fullerton late friday night.
Here's some pictures Mady took at the temple while my mom and I were in the sealing.


Saturday was my birthday, and when asked what I wanted to do, my reply was to simply relax. So we took it easy and played in the pool all day. I got a nasty sunburn on my back but oh it was so worth it.
The rest of the week was full of visiting family.
Mady turned 16 while we were there, so we went to the beach that day.





After the beach we all went to Ruby's on the Oceanside pier


Happy Sweet 16 Madeline!

The rest of my time there was filled with more pool time and window shopping.

This is a picture of myself, my mom and my grandma, the reason I tell you is because someone asked me if it was a picture of me, my SISTER and my Mom hehe



 James took his first airplane ride and did awesome! We flew out of Long Beach at night, the coast was all lit up, it was beautiful. 
We had an awesome trip, loved every minute of it.
We got home around midnight, happy to be reunited with Matt. For some reason James called his daddy Matt for a few days after that lol. Saturday I washed all my clothes and then placed them right back in a suitcase. Sunday we went up to Star Valley Wyoming to spend time with the Morrissey's. It was a fun weekend, but I didn't take any pictures because James, Matt and I came down with a 24 hour flu : (
So when we finally went home tuesday, I had been gone for about two weeks and I was so ready to be home.

No comments: